1302102 Customer Success Specialist (CSS) - Security
Location:San Jose, California, US
Additional Location(s)Anywhere in the US
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
*** Candidates must be a US Citizen and have the ability to obtain a U.S. Government Clearance***
Who You'll Work With
Customer Experience (CX) Customer Success Specialists (CSS) are a team of extraordinary technical guides whose #1 focus is to deliver exclusive customer experience. We help solve business challenges with network-centric solutions that accelerate customer and partner success and dedication. Our success is measured through customer happiness metrics, industry recognition, and employee happiness scores.
As a team we know that in engineering and customer success, you can only be successful together, so we emphasize a culture of helping each other, working together, winning together and having fun together. As a CSS team we help customers adopt and expand Cisco solutions by showing impact on the customer’s business goals. Maintaining an end-to-end lens, as CSSs we partner closely with Customer Success Executives, Success Programs Managers, sales accounts teams, delivery teams, partners and others.
What You‘ll Do
As the CSS you are a guide to the client on your aligned product or architecture. Your mission is to help the customer move to the next phase of the customer lifecycle and to visualize their future in the lifecycle. You will:
- Deliver workshops and webinars (Accelerators and ATX - Ask-the-Expert) to a diverse set of customers that qualify, tailoring deliverables and driving business outcomes within scope and on-time engagement
- Join the Customer Success team in customer engagements and events to improve customer adoption and address product concerns
- Contribute to the customer community digital spaces and asset development of Success Tracks
- Contribute to product and offer improvement by providing lifecycle feedback to CX Product Management and CX Success Programs Teams
- Inspire customers to make tactical and strategic deployment decisions and track long term business outcomes
- Collaborate with Account teams, Customer Success, and Partners to elevate customer adoption as well as address product concerns
- Drive adoption and expansion of Cisco products by highlighting feature opportunities, winning use cases, and relevant strategies to customers and the Success team
- Contribute to lifecycle asset development and maintenance through rotations, asset development sprints, and/or stretch assignments with the Lifecycle Success team
Who You Are
You are a technical expert across multiple technology specializations and you have hands on extensive technical expertise. You have industry recognized certifications and an ability to drive change through innovation. You are a proven leader driving team activities/task.
- : You love customer interactions and understand customer needs and align architectural and vertical expertise to multi-functional teams
- : You are able to explain technical concepts, give clients guidance and vision about the solution. You have a thorough understanding of the technical fundamentals of aligned technology/specialization areas, including features and use cases.
- You can connect technology solutions to business outcomes
- : You articulate the technical features into business impact, you can easily talk about technology to non-technical people. You are also an active listener.
- In-depth hands-on experience with the following Cisco Security solutions: Tetration, Advanced Malware Protection (AMP), CTR/SecureX. This in-depth understanding should allow you to be able to remove barriers that are preventing the customer from adopting the above solutions. Additional expertise in Email Security Appliance (ESA), Umbrella, ISE or NGFW is a plus.
- Deep technical understanding of Cisco cloud security solutions, including an understanding of competitive solutions from Microsoft and other platforms.
- Ability to provide technical consultative support for the above to Cisco customers, partners, account teams and other internal technical support teams.
- Ability to communicate, demonstrate, and accelerate the proper utilization of security technologies mentioned as you encourage the customer to engage in the daily use of the solution.
- Deep technical knowledge with ability to understand and connect customer use cases/plans with Cisco solutions and how Cisco solutions can be optimally applied in a customer’s environment to accelerate business value
- Ability to utilize moderate to complex lab environments to demonstrate the resolution of barriers across the entire customer lifecycle for Cisco enterprise networking products & solutions.
- Clear understanding of high-level business landscape including key strategic priorities, processes, and competitive marketplace
- Excellent written, verbal, and listening skills that strengthen relationships with internal and external stakeholders up to the executive level.
- BS/BA (EE/CS preferred) or equivalent.
- Cisco Certifications: CCNP / CCDP/ CCIE or equivalent strongly preferred.
- Industry Security Certifications: CISM, CISSP or equivalent strongly preferred.
- 7+ years of experience in technical consulting or direct customer interfacing role with a deep understanding of industry best practices related to security domain.
- Extensive understanding of the technical fundamentals of aligned technology/specialization areas, including features and use cases, and an ability to define and articulate how technology can be used to solve business challenges.
- In-depth understanding of Security technology trends and evolution, market trends and challenges
- ***Willingness and ability to travel 30% is expected (pending role requirements) ***
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!