1297872 Customer Delivery Consulting Engineer-Data Center
Location:Offsite, RTP, North Carolina, US
Alternate LocationFt. Bragg, NC
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
***CANDIDATES MUST BE A US CITIZEN, HOLD A CURRENT TOP SECRET U.S. GOVERNMENT SECURITY CLEARANCE, AND BE SCI ELIGIBLE AT A MINIMUM TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION***
*** Must be willing to be on site at Ft Bragg as much as 80 percent of the time***
What You'll Do
Take your career to the next level by joining a Cisco Team that is supporting major business and technology transformations for our Federal customers!
We are seeking a Data Center Consulting Engineer who will provide consulting services to customers in the US Public Sector Federal market. The Data Center Consulting Engineer is responsible for the support and delivery of Data Center Design, Architecture, Configuration Reviews, and Cisco Data Center Product Implementations.
Who You'll Work with
The CX Americas, US Public Sector services teamwork involves helping to craft the customer's vision for their network and maintain a secure, state of the art environment that is second to none in terms of network up time and reliability. The qualified Consulting Services engineer will be able to have an impact to many Federal Government customers and help them transform to meet their mission.
Who You Are
Must have Skills:
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in the Data Center field in addition to a BS in science, engineering, or mathematics (or additional 2 years of experience).
- Be a Subject Matter EXPERT in Cisco Data Center technologies and have knowledge of the following Cisco Data Center technologies: Data Center Network Manager (DCNM), ACI, Nexus product family, UCS, and other Data Center technologies.
- Extensive experience in the configuration of Cisco Data Center devices in a large enterprise environment.
- Shape services engagements to develop mature statements of work and engage customers to identify business and technical requirements
- Collaborate with solution experts to develop and deploy Data Center solutions.
- In-depth knowledge of designing complex Data Center solutions.
- Experienced with implementing Data Center solutions.
- Ability to conduct training and one to one mentoring concerning Data Center technology.
- Have the ability to influence and lead system level design, sales and deployment teams for strategic / complex large customers
- Be capable of providing high level crisis management through anticipation of issues, problems or events and actively resolving them with the customer and partners.
- Have significant experience within a Data Center architecture or design role having end-to-end responsibility.
- Have the capacity to see and articulate a vision that inspires change.
- Ability to multi-task, self-start, work in a fast-paced team environment and work independently.
- Exceptional professionalism, outstanding communication skills and strong interpersonal skills are critical traits.
- Must be able to travel 25%.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) preferred
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!