1297756 Customer Delivery Consulting Engineer
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
***Candidates must be a US Citizen and hold a Secret Security Clearance to be considered for this position ***
What You'll Do
Cisco's USPS Customer Experience (CX) team is one of the highest growth areas at Cisco. Our Consulting Engineers work with some of the largest, creative and thought-leading customers in the Public Sector. This Professional Services group helps build solutions, leads implementations, and enables customer self-sufficiency on market-leading Cisco Solutions.
Who You'll Work With
As a Consulting Engineer, you will report directly into the USPS Customer Experience (CX) Delivery Team with primary responsibility for the design, testing, installation, integration, customization and delivery of Cisco Solutions. There will be significant customer interaction, close collaboration with other USPS CS engineers, Production-Pilots and Production deployments. You may travel up to 25% per year - though travel will vary depending on the project.
Who You Are
Must have Skills:
- 3-5 years’ experience leading large-scale Enterprise Design and Implementation Engagements
- Expert level knowledge in Enterprise Routing and Switching technologies, such as MPLS, DMVPN, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, IS-IS, VXLAN, LISP and VRF
- Outstanding Consulting skills. Required 5-10 years’ experience in consulting roles. Ability to influence customer decisions and outcomes. Ability to gain customer trust quickly, and confidently articulate Cisco’s Enterprise Networking strategies and architectures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Demonstrated leadership of large complex projects in Enterprise WAN and Campus Networking environments
- Experience with Cisco Nexus platforms, VMWare, and server virtualization highly preferred
- Experience in programming Python a plus
- Experience with Linux
- Desired Skills
- CCNP, CCIE or demonstrated relevant experience
- VCP Certification a plus
- Analyzes opportunities with a broad, strategic view; integrates business and technology requirements to achieve cross-domain solutions that work across the enterprise; applies methodologies that are appropriate for multiple users / technology platforms
- High-level, out-of-the-box thinking, analytical reasoning, and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to shift from high-level thinking to realistic and pragmatic execution is essential
- Solid understanding of the end-to-end IT process, including architecture, design & engineering, implementation, and operations
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills: ability to communicate technology strategy and architecture approach to engineers, executives, and Cisco customers
- Willingness and ability to work with teams, ability to build relationships using an open and respectful communication and collaboration style
- Communication skills to include conflict management, negotiation, presentation/demonstration, and written communication.
- Cisco best-practice skills to include building relationships, cultural sensitivity, goal alignment, learning agility, and virtual/remote training
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!