1297752 Customer Delivery Consulting Engineer - Security
Location:Herndon, Virginia, US
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
*** Must be a U.S. Citizen and have an active Top Secret-SCI Full Scope Poly Government Security Clearance***
***Must be located within commuting distance of Chantilly, VA and Herndon, VA and be able to work onsite 3-4 days per week***
What You'll Do
Take your career to the next level by joining a Cisco Team that is supporting major business and technology transformations for our Federal customers!
We are seeking a Services Consulting Engineer experienced supporting Cisco Security technologies in a complex enterprise organization, and motivated to work with our most strategic and impactful customers in support of their aggressive transformation agendas. We are "Cisco's Face to the Customer," working in a fast-paced, high-impact environment as a visible contributor delivering on our commitments. A seasoned mix of broad security solution expertise and networking knowledge and specific area expertise, as well as excellent communication and consulting skills, has well-positioned this Cisco team making us trusted advisors capable of building solid, long-term relationships with our customers.
As a Services Consulting Engineer who specializes in Cisco Security Solutions, you will support our customers development of complex designs, assist with the implementation of Cisco leading edge technologies, and provide optimization services to one Cisco's largest and most strategic customers in the United States.
Who You'll Work With
Our team is comprised of engineers across Cisco technologies, most with one or multiple CCIE certifications. These team members design, architect, and support solution delivery on critical Federal-owned networks with leading edge Cisco tools and solutions. Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills are traits of successful consultants in this organization. We have a very strong focus on continuous development and training into new technologies that keeps us in the leading position as one of the strongest networking, datacenter, and security consulting teams in the industry. As a part of this team, you will work directly with our customers and gain hands on experience and exposure into their networks to collaborate on a variety of high-profile projects.
Who You Are
- You will have 5+ years of experience as a network security engineer supporting Cisco enterprise security technologies and should have a deep understanding of Cisco's Security solution portfolio and significant expertise with data networks.
- Be a subject matter expert in Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE)
- Subject matter expertise with Cisco Firepower Threat Defense (FTD)
- Extensive experience leading Enterprise strategy and implementation of complex security solutions for large-scale global Federal agencies.
- Be able to demonstrate your ability to lead or guide teams made up of Cisco, Customer and Partner members in the analysis and troubleshooting of complex network issues.
- Collaborate with solution experts to develop and deploy secure solutions.
- In-depth knowledge of designing complex security solutions
- Experienced with implementing security solutions
- Ability to multi-task, self-start, work in a fast-paced team environment and work independently while maintaining exceptional communication skills.
- Exceptional professionalism, outstanding communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills are critical traits.
- Military Veterans who meet these requirements are encouraged to apply.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!