1297702 Customer Delivery Consulting Engineer-Security
Location:Washington DC, US
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
***CANDIDATES MUST BE A US CITIZEN AND HOLD A CURRENT TOP SECRET/SCI WITH A CI POLY U.S. GOVERNMENT SECURITY CLEARANCE AT A MINIMUM TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION***
What You'll Do
The Customer Deployment Consulting Engineer position is responsible for the support and delivery of CX Network and Security, services to Cisco's Tier 1 Customers in the US Public Sector market.
Performs and drives architectural, design and integration engineering for complex network infrastructure solutions. CX Engineers assist customers with tool selection and strategic direction of tools and network management systems. Customer Delivery Consulting Engineers identify and document network/security design and architecture best practices.
CX Engineers align and drive focused work with customer's business strategy and objectives. On a quarterly basis, Customer Deliver Consulting Engineers are expected to present overall status of projects and delivery as part of the Quarterly Business Review. Engineers will provide backup support on other Advanced Services accounts. Engineers will demonstrate and generate applicable technical, standard methodologies, and white papers.
In addition to day-to-day customer activities, training and mentoring other engineers will be required. Customer Deliver Consulting Engineers lead the responsibility for driving regional CX projects and customer based project initiatives. Engineers will actively lead complex network and security design, performance engineering or problem resolution projects. Engineers solve complex, multi-functional technical issues that cross boundaries over many disparate products technologies.
Other Objective Included:
· Works extensively with customers along with appropriate internal and external resources (e.g Cisco account teams, partners on the strategy/deployment/optimization of Cisco services and solutions
· Takes leadership role in execution of deliveries
· Improves solutions and methods developed in field for use to the wider practice (knowledge sharing)
· Creates, reviews and approves project deliverables e.g Design recommendations, High Level Designs, Low Level Designs, Implementation/Change Management Plans
· Builds and/or leverages test environments as required to resolve highly complex problems and compatibility issues
· Leverages software skills and tools to configure, deploy and/or troubleshoot Cisco products and solutions. Contributes in the development of digital intellectual capital (e.g. scripts, digital signatures)
· Acts as a focal point for problem resolution for assigned customer engagements. Assures proper and quick resolution of complex customer problems across a broad range of technologies
Who You'll Work with
Public Sector Customer Experience—This opportunity involves helping to craft the customer's vision for their network and maintain a secure, state of the art environment that is second to none in terms of network up time and reliability. The qualified engineer in this account will be able to have an impact on this Federal Government customer and help them transform to meet their mission
National Security Organization—This is a team of leaders - we provide the leading solutions and architectures to customers - along with cutting edge consulting to insure customer success. Our members work cross-functionally and together to deliver business outcomes to our customers, along with the resources to insure personal and professional growth.
Who You Are
- Typically requires BSc Computer Science or equivalent plus 5-8 years of relevant work experience. Advanced degree strongly preferred.
- A deep understanding of key technologies and protocols in network and security to include AMP, ISE, Firepower and SNORT technologies
- Expert level (CCIE)® or equivalent relative certification desired. (Security)
- Has working knowledge of software programmability, automation, orchestration and/or virtualization
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and presentation skills. Ability to function in ambiguous circumstances. Possesses customer consulting skills including ability to build relationships with customers, engineers, managers level and above
- Demonstrated expertise on broad range of technologies and delivery methods
- Travel 25% or less in local area
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!