1283197 - Learning & Development Consultant
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
What You'll Do
The Learning and Development consulting within the NPI-CX Training, Learning @Cisco organization collaborates with Cisco’s Business Units, SRE (Services Readiness Engineering) and CX Centers (Technical Assistance Center (TAC) and Professional Services) teams to develop and deliver high-quality, technical support training programs on Cisco’s newest products and technologies to a global audience.
Key responsibilities included but not limited to:
- Own and lead the development of global training plans and solutions that support Pre-Release training requirements by collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- Engage and use internal resources towards NPI training. Assemble, direct, and manage presenter planning meetings, content reviews, post-mortem sessions, etc.
- Manage multiple training programs from the planning stage through the actual delivery and post-assessment.
- Drive high-quality training programs and internal customer satisfaction ratings.
- Build strong, trusting relationships with stakeholders. Act as an advocate for CX Training and TAC by actively participating in BU and TAC meetings.
- Must be able to influence, negotiate, and manage risks with cross-functional teams.
- Continually focus on identifying new opportunities to expand our contribution to Cisco. Drive continuous improvements into the process.
- Responsible for owning and/or participating on various team initiatives/projects
Who You'll Work With
CX is a team of world-class technical experts whose #1 focus is to help customers deploy and operate their networks effectively while delivering the best possible customer experience. Our success is validated through outstanding financial results, increasing customer satisfaction metrics, industry recognition, and employee satisfaction scores. Your opportunity to impact the health and performance of networks and systems that surround us all are limitless. Your career growth options will be BOLD, as we realize our vision to become the #1 IT Company in the world. Make an impact with us!
Who You Are
You will have strong program management skills in the hardware and/or software industry. You are a strong influencer able to drive and manage multiple projects at one time. You will use your ability to work with cross functional training groups and external vendors to ensure training is scalable and accessible to worldwide audiences. Your excellent communication skills will allow you to communicate the overall importance and impact of programs to the appropriate cross-functional organizations for approval and buy-in.
- Requires excellent written and verbal skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills with all levels of management.
- Strong influencing skills with all levels of management.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university; and/or a minimum of five (5) years successful management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experiences
- Ability to drive issues both within, and outside of, traditional business hours when necessary
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities
- Creative, open to inspiring change
- Attention to detail- quality of your work is very important to you
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong communication skills- both spoken and written.
- English proficiency.
- Strong collaborative skills.
- A background in education and/or technical support
- PMP certification
- Product development lifecycle knowledge
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.