1282437 Public Sector Managed Service Customer Delivery Leader
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
***CANDIDATES MUST BE A US CITIZEN AND HAVE A CURRENT SECRET U.S. GOVERNMENT SECURITY CLEARANCE AT A MINIMUM TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION***
What You’ll Do:
This position serves as the general manager for the Public Sector Managed Services portfolio, one of 6 markets. This role is a partner to Cisco Sales in enabling customer success with an as a service offering. As a Director in our world-class team you will be a strategic partner to our customers, saving their business from the impact of network incidents and solving and preventing the recurrence of technical issues. You will resolve our customers' toughest problems, ensuring that our customers get expected business outcomes, providing a superior customer experience.
As the managed services general manager, the position is responsible for leading an organization in Strategy and Execution across 3 areas: a) Run and Grow the services business of today b) Seed the Business of the Future c) Being Extraordinary Together by focusing on people as our most important asset. Furthermore, as the general manager of the managed services business you'll lead leaders to achieve growth, profitability (P/L), customer satisfaction and contractual fulfillment, and create opportunities for empowered people to deliver exceptional results and grow their careers. Strong executive presence is expected where the ideal leader has a track record for placing equal emphasis on how results are produced and what the results yield in impact. Securing results in execution requires a strong commitment to customer success and ability to empower and coach managers and other leaders.
Who You’ll Work With:
The Cisco U. S. Public Sector Organization transforms how our customers protect our nation, serve our communities and educate the workforce of tomorrow. We connect people and technology. We innovate in all facets of our work, from customer satisfaction to operational excellence to mission success. Finally, we lead our customers by focusing on their needs, by owning their problems, by building relationships, by simplifying technology, and by delivering profound impact on their mission in the US and across the globe.
Who You Are:
- As a Market Lead you will be responsible for setting the strategic services direction that anticipates and addresses the business and technology needs for our Public Sector Managed Services customers.
- Thrive in an unstructured environment (ex. You won't receive a playbook on how to do the job, expectations will be in a general/high level form)
- Has capacity & versatility in dealing with tactical issues to strategic planning efforts concurrently with parallel processing being a must
- Is passionate about people (mentoring, coaching, seeing who people are because you've gotten to know them)
- Curious about and committed to improving his/her leadership and collaborating with a team pursuing same
- Able to have transparent/frank conversations in a respectful manner
- Able to make decisions quickly while empowering and enabling people and teams to do the same
- Lead in absence of organizational direction by influencing cross functionally thru forming relationships & coalitions for shared objectives
- Has deep Professional Managed Services delivery experience to lead the organization in forming trusted advisor relationships with customers, focused on outcomes
- Knows how to operationally manage a Professional Managed Services business, including measures, metrics, and overall reporting for managing success
- Align with CX peers to ensure that the interaction with our customer is seamless and drives the success and use of our solutions
- Focused on building high performing teams and creating a culture of empathy and positive intent
- Takes ownership and accountability for team-based outcomes
- Enjoys working with cross functional teams (Sales, Business Development, Product Management) to create and deliver new Service capabilities for our customers
- Focused on quality delivery within financial constraint
- Handles issues/customers by setting expectations and meeting/exceeding those expectations to achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction
- Effectively communicate issues to key internal stakeholders, and resolutions/work-around to the customer
- Perform ad hoc analyses and tasks as assigned
- Provide mentoring and leadership to less experienced team members
- May require some travel to customer locations in this role
- Builds executive relationships
- Provides account status and drives integrated account planning
- Oversees daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting and monitoring of organizational performance metrics
- Manage customer level profitability - identify new revenue opportunities, drive revenue recognition, manage efficiencies, drive productivity, manage projects successfully while meeting revenue and cost budgets
- Expands the Cisco solution footprint
- Leads the Managed Service delivery experience to the customer - single point of ownership and accountability for all customer Managed Service delivery related activities
- Measure relevant key performance indicators (e.g. SLAs, availability)
- Successfully engage and manage partner capabilities and resources as part of the customer experience
- Apply Cisco solutions to customer's business drivers
- Drive consulting with, and influence customer line of business (LoB) executives around technology strategy, bridging the gap to IT
- Influence and challenge the customer's thinking to develop better solutions to business and IT objectives
- Influence and work with customer procurement - understand process, commercial terms, etc.
- Financial and Business Acumen – knowledge, skills and understanding, of business process, tools and concepts required to make sound decisions. (e.g. investment ROI)
- College Degree (Bachelor, Masters) - technical or business
- Technical & Business certifications (e.g. ITIL, CISSP, PMP, CCIE)
- 10 years relevant industry related experience (e.g. IT domain expertise)
- 5 years leading a Network Managed Services organization
- Establish and maintain key executive (ex: VP, CxO) relationships - directly influence CIO/CTO
- Build and manage direct and matrix teams for customer execution
- Energetic, attention to detail, analytical, works well under pressure
- Highly developed interpersonal and communications skills
- Must be decisive with orientation to quality and people impact and adaptable working well in a team environment
- ITIL certifications a plus
- Must be able to work onsite from the Research Triangle Park, NC location
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with a current Secret clearance and have the ability to achieve a TS/SCI clearance if needed
- Travel up to 30%
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!