1280861 Customer Delivery Consulting Engineer - Collaboration
Location:Irvine, California, US
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
*** Must be a US Citizen and is eligible to obtain a U.S. Government Security Clearance***
Must be located in Southern California - Los Angeles County or Orange County areaWhat You'll Do
Take your career to the next level by joining a Cisco Team that is supporting major business and technology transformations for our US Public Sector customers!
We are seeking a Services Consulting Engineer experienced supporting Cisco Collaboration Technology implementations in large enterprise organization(s), and motivated to work with our most strategic and impactful customers in support of their aggressive transformation agendas. We are "Cisco's Face to the Customer," working in a fast-paced, high-impact environment as a visible contributor delivering on our commitments. A seasoned mix of broad networking knowledge and specific area expertise, as well as excellent communication and consulting skills, has well-positioned this Cisco team making us trusted advisors capable of building solid, long-term relationships with our customers.
As a Services Consulting Engineer who specializes in Cisco Collaboration solutions, you will support our Southern California State Local Government and Education (SLED) customers by supporting the development of complex designs, assisting with the implementation of Cisco leading edge technologies, and providing optimization services to one Cisco's largest customers in the United States.
Customer Experience SCEs align and drive focused work with customer's business strategy and objectives. On a quarterly basis, SCEs are expected to present overall status of projects and delivery as part of the Quarterly Business Review. SCEs will provide backup support on other Professional Services accounts. Engineers will demonstrate and generate applicable technical, standard methodologies, and white papers, support testing and validation of solutions and software strategies along with configure devices and troubleshoot errors.
In addition to an SCEs day-to-day customer activities, training and mentoring other SCEs will be required. SCEs lead the responsibility for driving regional Customer Experience projects and customer based project initiatives. SCEs will actively lead complex network, security, and collaboration design, performance engineering or problem resolution projects. SCEs solve complex, multi-functional technical issues that cross boundaries over many disparate products technologies, showing the value of our services at all times being proactive and involved in all aspects of our services delivery and provide visibility to various customer forums.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Perform architectural planning and design, as well as configuration and integration support within project delivery and ongoing consultative engagements.
- Provide operational support for complex, Enterprise network deployments. Identify & document design/architecture best practices for Cisco Services adoption.
- Participate in or lead complex UC design, performance engineering or problem resolution projects.
- Provide consultative, proactive and/or reactive support for Cisco Business Critical Services
- Develop customer business and technical requirement documentation
- Develop high-level and low-level design documentations
- Develop network implementation planning documentation prior to implementation
- Assist in all deployment activities, including test planning and cut over activities
- Recommends and initiates projects to benefit customers and CX wide objectives.
- Accountable to highest levels of senior management to ensure project commitments and Services deliverables are met.
Other Cisco engineers, Project Managers and Local CX Delivery team to provides flexible and innovative ways to help meet customer requirements while improving profitability for USPS Customer Experience (CX) delivery teams.
The CX Delivery Account-Based Lead Team is a team of engineering leaders who focus on providing leading solutions and architectures to customers - along with cutting edge consulting to insure customer success. Our members work cross-functionally and together to deliver business outcomes to our customers, along with the resources to insure personal and professional growth. We need a creative problem solver, comfortable with challenging the status quo and rapidly responding to customers’ demands to deploy and support Cisco’s latest technologies and products. With a seasoned mix of broad networking knowledge and specific area expertise, you're well positioned to become a trusted advisor, capable of building solid, long-term relationships with customers. You will be expected to continuously enhance your skills and expertise to lead the technology/solution
As a part of this team, you will work directly with our customers and gain hands on experience and exposure into their networks. You will collaborate on a variety of projects that have a real impact on the lives of employees and citizens within the Southern California area. We will value your ideas and perspective on how to get things done. You will work on network infrastructures and help to deliver business solutions and technology solutions from data, security, mobility, collaboration and cloud.
Who You Are
The candidate has 8+ years of experience as a services engineer supporting Cisco Collaboration technologies and should have a deep understanding of data and voice networks, significant expertise of Cisco's Contact Center and Collaboration products (Unity Connection, CUCM, CER, UCCX), and experience supporting deployments in large enterprise organizations. Large scale UCCX design and deployment experience is desired as is a CCIE in Collaboration or Unified Communications (UC).
Must Have Skills:
- Experience delivering Cisco standard methodologies in the customer's Collaboration environment
- Design, Plan and Implement Cisco Collaboration and Contact Center Express solutions
- Demonstrate the ability to lead or guide teams made up of Cisco, Customer and Partner members in the analysis and troubleshooting of complex voice and network problems
- Have the ability to influence and lead system level consulting expertise to design consultants, sales and deployment teams for strategic and complex large customers
- Capable to provide high level crisis management through anticipation of issues, problems or events and actively resolving them with the customer and partners
- Have significant experience within an Architecture or Design role having end to end responsibility
- Leverage strong communication, consulting and customer relationship skills to quickly create productive collaborations
- Have the ability to simplify analysis and present results clearly at all levels of the business - including at senior management team level
- Have the capacity to see and articulate a vision that inspires change
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with ability to troubleshoot technical problems
- Ability to multi-task, self-start, work in a fast-paced team environment and work independently
- Exceptional professionalism, outstanding communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills are critical traits
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Be willing to drive 4-5 days a week to various different customers in LA and Orange County
- Airline travel requirement 25%
Soft Skills :
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, ability to communicate technology strategy and architecture approach to engineers, executives, and Cisco customers
- Strong consulting & client-facing skills to include cross-functional influence, external and internal consulting/partnering
- Passionate, persuasive, charismatic thought leader capable of quickly establishing executive interest in Cisco services by articulating the value and business advantage of Cisco’s network migration services
- A self-driven individual with the curiosity to learn, work in a fast paced changing environment, evolve continuously to keep pace with the Cisco’s solutions, technologies and industry trends, be an inspiration and trend setters for others.
- High-level, out-of-the-box thinking, analytical reasoning, and creative problem solving skills with the ability to convert thoughts to real and pragmatic execution
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!