1268212 Customer Delivery Consulting Engineer-Security
Location:San Antonio, Texas, US
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
***CANDIDATES MUST BE A US CITIZEN AND HOLD A CURRENT TOP SECRET U.S. GOVERNMENT SECURITY CLEARANCE AT A MINIMUM TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION***
***This position will be a daily on-site role at Lackland AFB in San Antonio, TX***
Please note this posting is to advertise potential job opportunities. This exact role may not be open today, but could open in the near future. When you apply, a Cisco representative may contact you directly if a relevant position opens.
What You'll Do
The Customer Delivery Consulting Engineer position is responsible for the support and delivery of Customer Experience Network Optimization, Security, and/or Unified Collaboration services to Cisco's Tier 1 Customers in the US Public Sector market. Performs and drives architectural, design and integration engineering for complex network infrastructure solutions. Customer Deliver Consulting Engineer (CDCE) assist customers with tool selection and strategic direction of tools and network management systems. SCEs identify and document network/security design and architecture best practices. CDCE’s work closely with the Product Account Team and their strategy for account growth-both product and services; provide insight to the customer’s buying strategy and initiatives.
Customer Deliver Consulting Engineer align and drive focused work with customer's business strategy and objectives. On a quarterly basis, CDCEs are expected to present overall status of projects and delivery as part of the Quarterly Business Review. CDCEs will provide backup support on other Advanced Services accounts. They will demonstrate and generate applicable technical, standard methodologies, and white papers, support testing and validation of solutions and software strategies along with configure devices and troubleshoot errors.
In addition to a Customer Deliver Consulting Engineer’s day-to-day customer activities, training and mentoring other CDCEs will be required. They lead the responsibility for driving regional Customer Experience projects and customer based project initiatives. Customer Deliver Consulting Engineer will actively lead complex network, security, and collaboration design, performance engineering or problem resolution projects. CDCE’s solve complex, multi-functional technical issues that cross boundaries over many disparate products technologies, showing the value of our services at all times being proactive and involved in all aspects of our services delivery and provide visibility to various customer forums.
Who You'll Work with
The Public Sector Customer Experience involves helping to craft the customer's vision for their network and maintain a secure, state of the art environment that is second to none in terms of network up time and reliability. The qualified engineer in this account will be able to have an impact on this Federal Government customer and help them transform to meet their mission.
National Security Organization is a team of leaders where we provide the leading solutions and architectures to customers - along with cutting edge consulting to insure customer success. Our members work cross-functionally and together to deliver business outcomes to our customers, along with the resources to insure personal and professional growth.
Who You Are
- The successful candidate will provide support to our DoD customer in testing and verification of solutions, along with hands on support to customers as technology is being deployed.
- Facilitate assessments of the customer’s network utilizing our toolset.
- Provide best practices consulting to remediate findings.
- Support testing and validation of solutions and software strategies, configure devices, and troubleshoot errors.
- Work with account team and their strategy for account growth – both product and services provide insight to the customer’s buying strategy and initiatives.
- Show the value of our services at all times – be proactive and get involved in all aspects of our services delivery and provide visibility to various customer forums.
- Demonstrated consulting skills and customer facing experience which should include working with the Senior Leadership Team where required and other customer teams.
- Must have an expert level command of IOS and be able to lead technical discussions about features and functionality of projects and immediately turn that around into reality for the customer.
- Prior demonstrated experience working with minimal direct supervision. The candidate should be able to effectively work on their own and engage other team members when required to meet the customer’s needs and providing deliverables as required on time.
- CCIE is highly desirable, or demonstrated equivalent experience in any one of the specialties listed
- Must have CISSSP, or Sec+, CCNA Security or equivalent
- Typically requires BS/CS/Business or equivalent plus 6-8 years’ experience in a network engineering, telecommunications support environment or internetworking
- Must be willing to travel up to 25%
Must have the follow security skill set below:
- Candidate must have advanced knowledge and experience with the following areas: System Hardening and Availability, Threat Identification and Mitigation, Intrusion Prevention and Content Security, Identity Management, ASA Firewall/VPNs, IOS VPNs and Confidentiality with Secure Access (PKI, IKE, IPSec, SSL/TLS)
- Perform analysis and diagnosis of complex networking and security problems to include VRFs, RAVPNs and IDPS
- Experience with Firepower, Steathwatch, ASA, ThreatGrid, Umbrella, AMP and ISE
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!