1266928 Customer Delivery Architect
Location:Herndon, Virginia, US
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
As a Customer Delivery Architect, you will:
- Play a major role in ensuring Cisco is fully integrated and delivering to the expectations of our Systems Integrator (SI) and multiple Federal customers, ensuring a consistently outstanding customer experience
- Be in a key customer facing role, working closely with key players, throughout customer organizations, from the technical staff through the CXO level to build strong working relationships as a trusted advisor.
- Stay abreast of customer challenges and the Cisco technical solutions and/or Cisco Advance Services offerings can be proposed to mitigate/eliminate these challenges.
- Ensure the Cisco and Cisco Customer Experience strategy (e.g. network automation, analytics, security, optimization, etc) is developed to address current/future customer needs and business/mission objectives.
- Drive Services-wide engagements.
Who You’ll Work With
You will work directly with the SI and Federal CIO offices and across multiple Cisco teams to translate single solutions into repeatable solutions that can be leveraged across these customers. You will have significant customer interaction including architecture and leading early stage pilots, and sharing your thought leadership in various industry forums. In addition to being aligned with the customers’ strategies, the Architect needs to be aligned closely with all Cisco Customer Experience teams engaged at the customer sites. This includes: providing clear and concise customer requirements; ensuring the Cisco team is working towards the correct integrated solution for the customer; the customer is understanding of the proposed Cisco solution; and that any potential gap or issue is identified quickly, and brought to the attention of the correct Cisco team members to resolve. This involvement with internal Cisco teams will include providing key account updates to management while working across functional areas with both CoE Solution Architects and Network Consulting Engineers.
Who You Are
- CCIE (preferably Route/Switch, Security or Data Center) or equivalent experience
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- 12+ years of experience in customer roles, within technical delivery, IT, or pre- sales product engineering
- You must be a self-motivated individual that is dedicated to exceeding client expectations
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills for both a technical- and executive-level conversations.
- Ability to present complex solutions/ideas across all levels of participants
- Ability to work in a team environment as both a leader and an individual contributor
- Ability to interact with and/or lead multiple cross-functional teams to achieve a common goal
- Ability to build and maintain trust and relationships with customers and Cisco team members
- Experience and desire to architect network solutions
- Ability to understand industry strategies, business challenges, and desired business outcomes and develop a solutions-oriented strategy, at a vertical or segment level, that can deliver proposed outcomes.
- Recognize how our technology can fulfill customer business/mission objectives, and have the ability to translate our technical solutions to their desired outcome and execution strategy vernacular
- Build and maintain long-term technology/solutions roadmaps.
- Translate single solutions into repeatable solutions that can be leveraged across multiple customers.
- Excel at simplifying and explaining the complex.
- Establish deep and strategic customer and industry relationships, interfacing with and influencing senior level executives in Cisco’s top customer accounts, across other Cisco organizations, and in recognized partner companies.
- Experience with Systems Integration and/or Federal Government customers.
- In-depth knowledge of Security, Data Center, Route Switch and Security technologies; multi-vendor knowledge appreciated.
- Practical experience running complex Cisco managed and technical projects at the strategic level and how they map to business outcomes.
- Ability to create and execute on our top accounts’ strategic initiatives.
- Ability to provide business development support - positioning services and assisting in scoping and determining level of effort for proposals and statements of work.
- Work with engineers to ensure delivery quality across customer enterprise.
- Possess core skills in: problem solving, negotiating, business writing, customer relationship management, effective presentation, and active listening.
- Demonstrated ability to identify gaps and drive innovation solutions that close the gaps.
- Strong customer consulting experience in network design, collaboration, data center and security solutions.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!