1249913 - Sales Business Development Manager
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestBusiness Development
Technology InterestNetworking, Service Provider
Cisco is searching for a Sales Business Development Manager (SBDM) to work as part of the Global Service Provider (SP) Networking Architecture Team! The role will be responsible for driving and developing the strategy for SP Infrastructure, physical and virtual offers, outbound program creation for demand generation of product/solution/software sales Go-To-Market (GTM). Experience in the Service Provider sector and a firm understanding of the challenges Operators face and how we can help monetize and optimize their GTM will be key.
Check out the details:
- You will be responsible for driving both the SPN and NFV/NFVI businesses globally
- Developing Sales GTM strategy around Mobile Backhaul, Metro Ethernet, IP Edge, NFV and NFVI
- Business forecasting and analysis on current/future trends – magic quadrant type analytics, etc
- Drive and create outcome based selling motion for the field with strong cross-organization collaboration
- Collaborate closely with key cross-functional teams across Sales, Services, and Engineering
At Cisco, our strategy has empowered dozens of Global Service Providers to capture the many growth opportunities made possible by the Internet of Everything. We have enabled service providers to transform the experience, transform the business and transform the architecture with cloud-based capabilities. We leverage our assets to solve our Service Provider’s critical challenges. Do you want to help with this change? You can have the ability to manage market transitions in Mobility, Web, Media, Cloud, Cable, NGN, and Video! Come and join our Global Service Provider Networking Architecture Team! This role will report to the Director, and will allow you to show your leadership skills.
- Engineering, Business Administration or Economics Degree, MBA preferred
- Experience managing and working with Tier 1/2/3 Service Providers
- Experience of developing and selling complex solutions into the SP community
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain extensive customer relationships
- Experience in working and successfully integrating into a virtual sales organization that includes Sales (all levels) and the technical community
- Experience in collaborating with cross-functional organizations such as CA/AS/TS, Sales AM/SE/RM/OD/CD, Capital, Manufacturing, etc
- Extensive background and understanding of product, service, and financial selling tools
- Experience building actionable long and short term account plans based on a deep understanding of the impacts of business and technology trends
- Understanding a broad range of customer technologies required
- Excellent communication skills and ability to persuade using simple communications that convey complex concepts in a compelling, concise, and creative way.
You will have the following Technical Skills:
- Technical proficiency to work across the wide range of technologies, products and markets covered by Cisco’s SP Networking Practice and NFV/NFVI virtualization platforms and strategies
- Strong track record that includes demonstrable career progression and a focus on the high-tech industry
- Strong analytical and financial skills
- Physical to Virtual transition, NFV Infrastructure, Management and Orchestration, OpenStack plus other VIM technologies, Service Assurance – Infrastructure, Service level understanding
- Experiences of how network and cloud interact, future role of SP Infrastructure, etc.
- Demonstrable experience selling complex technical solutions to executive management
- Ability to network within a client organization to identify all key influencers and decision makers.
Soft Skills required:
- Strong decision making and communication skills
- Practical, result oriented approach
- Excellent business judgment & uncompromising integrity
- Ability to deal with uncertainty and work with minimum supervision
- Passion for the Service Provider business, particularly in SP Networking / EPN Architecture
- Passion for transforming the SP business – People, Process, Tools, Technology
- Strong Commercial Focus & Negotiation Skills
- Strategic Thinker with strong Problem Solving skills