1249625 - VSI - Virtual Switch System Administrator
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
Who We Are
The CX Lab organization is responsible for delivering the Cisco Customer Experience support organization with world-class labs. Our global organization strives to exemplify operational excellence while delivering best-in-class service delivery and solutions. We are constantly striving to optimize and accelerate Cisco's lab investment, through automation and virtualization to scale support capability globally.
Who You'll Work With
The CX Labs: Virtualization, Security, and Infrastructure (VSI) team within the CX Labs organization is a dynamic team of System Administrators and Network Engineers focused on implementation and operations of our systems and infrastructure that make up the Cisco's Customer Experience lab footprint. Our lab footprint spans many functional domains and technical areas from racking and bringing online multi-node compute and storage clusters, operating 24x7 production solutions that drive the CX business, to incident response.
The VSI team is tightly interlocked with the Architecture team to ensure architectures are deployed to-spec. Additionally, a tight collaboration between the implementation/operations team and the architecture team is required. This drives continuous improvement across our entire solution portfolio.
What You'll Do
The CX Labs VSI System Administrator will be a self-starting, collaborative individual that focuses on delivering reliable and secure solutions. You will be responsible for working on implementations of new architecture as well as operate and maintain currently offered solutions. You will provide continuous feedback to the architecture team with what is working and what is not through our collaborative tools. Develop automation workflows to streamline the deployment of solutions at scale. Partner with internal tech leaders to develop and drive solutions for complex issues, while minimizing downtime and impact to our users.
- BS degree in Computer Science, System Administration, or related technical field
- Experience with Configuration Management solutions (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt)
- Experience in one or more of the following: (C, Go, Ruby, Python)
- Deep understanding and ability to write scripts (bash, perl, powershell)
- Experience in using distributed version control systems like Git
- Excellent documentation skills
- Ability to work across cultures and time zones
- You can provide application-specific knowledge transfer, training, & documentation
- You have experience working within a large enterprise and providing support for global operations
- Experience managing large scale virtualization build-outs (ESXi, KVM, HyperV, Xen)
- Experience with Storage Protocols (FC, FCoE, iSCSI, NFS)
- Experience with Shared Block Storage
- Experience with Cisco UCS Servers (B-Series and/or C-series)
- Strong Linux system and troubleshooting knowledge and expertise
- Experience with Continuous Integration (Jenkins, CircleCI, TravisCI)
- Strong knowledge and expertise with Ansible
- Experience managing large scale RHEL 7 deployments and Satellite 6 infrastructure
- OpenStack and CEPH
- Containers (Docker, LXC, LXD, Jails, Zones)
- Experience managing Commvault backup solution