1242998 - Software Engineer
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Technology InterestAI or Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Analytics
What You'll Do
As a Software Engineer, you will lead technical discussion on projects. You'll help us evaluate new and emerging technologies and determine applicability to current and future projects. You will architect and design new software product features, help drive projects to completion, define system technical use cases and architecture specification in alignment with business/product requirements.
Who You'll Work With
The Cisco Customer Experience Platform(CXP) is transforming the future of the world's networks through advanced software development. Our software products and technology are behind many of the world's most innovative businesses, leading Cisco's growth in multiple markets. CXP develops products that leverage technologies from leading-edge capabilities like big data, analytics, Machine learning. Pioneering agile methodology, CXP is building a customer-centric culture with self-contained and motivated teams that have clear visibility to our customers. Our team, CXP Innovation Lab, defines a strategic direction related to data to value technologies across the Cisco Customer Experience(CX) organization. The CXP Innovation Lab team develops systems of insights in the area of IoT, Cloud, Data Center, Network and Service Provider. We are excited to have you join our team of experienced software engineer to work on projects that have global impact on the CX organization. In these projects, software engineer collaborates very closely with the business strategy, product management as well as engineering and the execution teams.
Who You Are
You've got a strong background in system architecture and design, documentation, implementation and deployment, on projects. You have deep knowledge of software systems development background, of open source cloud technologies and application platforms and are a strategic thinker (system level) that can look at the big picture, abstract workflows and provide technical assistance in technology to be used at the strategic level. If so, we're looking for you!
Our Minimum Requirements are:
* Master’s degree in computer science or equivalent
* 5+ years of experience in building large scale, high performance, high availability systems and Strong Computer Science fundamentals (algorithms, data structures)
* Experience with Big Data technologies (Hadoop and other frameworks in Hadoop ecosystem, Elasticsearch, etc.)
* Working experience with Microservices, Container and Streaming technologies
* Extensive experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches, operations research and optimization algorithms
* Comfort manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high dimensionality data from varying sources
* Fluency and facility with one or more of the following programming languages: Java, Scala, Python.
* Knowledge of tools such as SPARK, Kafka, HDFS, HBase
* Exposure to machine learning, Deep Learning and Neural Networks
* Excellent written and oral communication skills, able to communicate with all levels of internal technology teams and business teams
* Passion for answering hard questions with data
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco.