1242427 - Partner Digital Interaction Data Architect
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Technology InterestBig Data, Analytics
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Digitization, data science, and automation are transforming every business. The Connected Digital Interactions team is playing a key role in transforming the sales, partner, and customer experience across Cisco. As part of the Customer Success and Sales function, this group is delivering upon a multi-year vision that digitizes the way Cisco engages with customers and leverages data science to intelligently drive action in an increasingly automated manner. This new organization is a catalyst for change that impacts all parts of Cisco.
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH
The CDI team is an incubation hub for a range of initiatives that are changing the sales, partner, and customer experience. The team has been recognized for innovation both internally and through external industry awards. We’re looking for someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment in which they have significant responsibility and autonomy for delivering results and who gets excited about the prospect of significant learning and growth.
WHO YOU ARE
As a member of this dynamic and fast-paced team, you will prepare an easily accessible high performance “big data” environment, with a focus on designing, building, and integrating (incl. ETL) large volume of data. You will manage big data for data science activities to drive decision making across the organization.
Specific responsibilities include:
In this key role as a Big Data Architect, you will:
- Proactive and consistently explores ways to improve partner digital interaction experience
- Work closely with Partner Digital Interaction lead to co-define partner experience
- Define required data solutions and lead the data architecture, design and execution of data solution to bring the partner digital interaction vision into reality
- Develops strategic vision and drive tactical activities for data-driven systems
- Explore, compare & contrast new technologies to uptake and recommend best paths forward
- Write code (POCs, prototypes as well as high-quality production features) and design documents.
- Mentor and collaborate with team members. Perform code reviews.
- Leads technology selections providing architectural guidance, validation and implementation
- Is committed to deliver superior user experience through right architectural decision
- Create data models, data dictionaries, data governance
5+ years hands-on implementation or consulting experience building large-scale systems
3+ years of Software Development experience
BA/BS degree required; Computer Science, Math or Technical background highly desired; Advanced Degree a plus
Previous partner digital experience is preferred
Ability to communicate clearly to broad audiences
Team player with positive can-do attitude, energetic and proactive
Deep understanding Database design and data modeling concepts
Experience with NoSQL (SAP Hana, HBase, HDFS, Cassandra or MongoDB)
Hands-on experience Hive, Spark, Python, GCP (BigQuery)
Experience in a partner-facing, sales-aligned role such as consultant, solutions engineer or solutions Architect
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco