1241295 - Account Manager
Location:New York, NY, US
Area of InterestSales - Services, Solutions, Customer Success
Technology InterestService Provider
Why you'll love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything imaginable, from entertainment, healthcare, and education, to public and private sectors, smart cities, and everyday devices in our homes. Here, that means we will take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. Cisco is evolving a rich solution portfolio of next generation software, hardware, and services to meet customers' changing business requirements in the digital economy.
What You'll Do
You will be effectively selling across all levels of Commercial corporations and you will deliver large strategic wins using a go to market sales model driving business relevant/customer value selling and exceeding goals.
- You will drive sales achievement focusing on account and resource planning and allocation to drive sales attainment numbers.
- You will accurately forecast your monthly, quarterly and annual revenue streams; driving growth.
- Financial Acumen & Performance - Analyzing your customer's financials to understand their needs. Assessing consumption models needs per customer. Driving business planning and goal attainment.
Who You'll Work With
Who You Are
You are a bold self-starter with that will build executive relationships, articulate Cisco's product and business strategies, create demand and close deals. Demonstrated knowledge of working with complex technical solutions including calling on key decision makers and all other technical and business influencers. You have the ability to negotiate solutions and resolve issues with peers, partners and customers employing a Win/Win philosophy. You have experience working with Product Engineering Teams in creating integrated solutions that address complex problems with a focus on the Cisco value proposition. You have keen ability to position turnkey solutions and articulate primary vendor strategies to senior customer Executives. You will have validated experience in processes for successful account management including forecasting, quota over achievement, sales presentations, short term, mid-term and long term opportunity management.
- You have demonstrated experience in building executive relationships with multiple named accounts while providing insight and strategy around how Services-Led customers go-to-market; mapping our solutions to our client's customers.
- You have demonstrate ability to sell within traditional IT hierarchy as well as non-IT business units - particularly around how Cisco can enable our customer’s service delivery.
- You develop and execute annual plan for named account in line with company strategy.
- Business forecasting (monthly forecast, weekly commit, and pipeline development) required.
- You are able to engage and lead cross-functional/virtual resources as part of extended team. Excellent presentation skills required.
- You have confirmed negotiation skills, be a self-starter, and a strong closer. Understanding of large business organizations and their buying cycles is preferred.
Our minimum requirements for this role:
- Experience selling in areas such as data center, networking, and/or unified collaboration.
- Excellent communicator with expertise in building/leading large sales teams
- Self-starter, respectful negotiator and strong closer
- Minimum BA degree (MBA preferred) and 7+ years account management experience
- Extraordinary presentation skills
- Strong executive presence and written communication skills, strong BU relationships, and the ability to navigate across Cisco’s cross functional areas (Services, Cisco Capital, Marketing, CTO Office and Architecture Teams) effectively are a must. This Account Manager would be onsite with the customer a least 3 days a week in NYC with occasional travel to Los Angeles. The ideal candidate will have experience successfully managing a complex account and customer base, and is eager to engage in solution selling and co-development opportunities with this customer base.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an equal opportunity employer.