1237931 - Lab Application Developer
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Additional Location(s)Open to other US location
Area of InterestTechnical Support
What You'll do
You play an integral role in delivering support services to Cisco's customers. You will develop, maintain, and support the Web and automation tools which provide access to Cisco's global network of support labs.
CX Labs' lab management tools include:
- A checkout/reservation system,
- A 'case queue' work flow management system
- A comprehensive business intelligence suite
- A purchase tracking & request system, along with budget management
- A content management / presentation system
- Automation of network builds, inventory, power
- A suite of lab operation tools for managing addressing, facilities, weight, cooling, space, access, infrastructure, assets, and staff.
Who You'll Work With
The Customer Experience Labs deliver high speed, efficient, automated, virtual lab services that accelerate customer success and profitable growth.
Who You Are
You will have the opportunity to design, expand and build-upon the pre-existing tools. Open projects include developing a lab automation system and an intelligent case-routing system.
You are an experienced programmer and a practical thinker with a bias toward action. You are passionate about programming, as well as able to walk in the users' shoes. You understand the varied use cases involved in a large-scale lab and synthesize these diverse needs into simple-to-use applications.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject or equivalent experience
- Experience in developing programs that automate manual tasks.
- Ability to write clean, maintainable and efficient code, based on best practices and existing standards.
- Design robust, scalable and secure features.
Ability to determine system requirements based on user request and proposed solutions, develop applications or features based on those requirements.
- 5+ years of full-time Perl development, with current experience in Modern Perl techniques using Perl versions 5.22 and above.
- 3+ years of object-oriented Perl development.
- 3+ years of development utilizing one or more of the following: Mod_Perl, FastCGI, Plack, Dancer, Catalyst.
- 5+ years of developing relational databases; MySQL preferred with experience in MySQL 5.7. Knowledge of replication strategies, including Galera, is helpful.
- Well-versed in Linux / UNIX platforms.
- A deep understanding of TCP/IP and networking, with exposure to Cisco devices and solutions is very helpful.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco