1234790 - Operational Lead; Security - Managed Services
Location:Richmond, Virginia, US
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
What You'll Do
Cisco Managed Services (CMS) organization seeks a Tier 3 level Engineer to join a team of extremely talented professionals supporting the global Security infrastructure for a strategic financial services customer. This is a great opportunity for someone with patience and an empathetic view of the customer to hone their skills and advance their career providing value to customers while working with an industry leader in technology.
The ideal candidate demonstrates an aptitude and appetite for learning new technologies, evidenced by the ability to expand upon core knowledge. This role acts as a focal point for high impact, large account issue resolution. Provides escalated support to the customer Security infrastructure and solution. Provides systems/product training. Acts as a technical expert and provides support on a world-wide basis. Has a demonstrated ability to design, implement and validate complex changes in an Enterprise Security environment. Has a customer centric point of view, strong sense of urgency, and a level of empowerment to properly address both tactical and operational issues.
Who You'll Work With
Cisco Managed Services provides customers with assurance that the IT platform is in good hands while they focus on opportunities and challenges resulting from the accelerating pace of technology evolution. Cisco Managed Services offers accelerated agility, higher return on investment and risk mitigation through a choice of delivery & consumption options designed to meet varying needs, budgets and environments.
Who You Are
- You've achieved a Bachelors degree in Engineering/Computer Science/IT and/or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 6-8+ years of experience in Security or Network support.
- Strong practical knowledge of Security platforms and technology.
- Proven crisis management skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience in IT Security assessments, implementing new security solutions & systems such as IPS, IDS, and firewalls.
- Configuring, Upgrade & Maintaining Firewall, IDS/IPS platforms.
- CCNP Security or Route & Switch
- Excellent understanding of the TCP/IP protocol suite.
- Setup and managed Site-to-site IPSec VPN Tunnels.
- Monitors system resource allocation and utilization.
- Firewall rule creation, migrations, and re-certification.
- Design, setting engineering standards, Configure, administer, and document firewall infrastructure.
- Experience in performance tuning and optimization of firewalls and firewall policy’s.
- Experience with Implementation and build of firewalls from scratch
- Experience working on Firewall Rule base analyzers and optimization approaches.
- In depth understanding of Network ports, NAT, PAT and Access Lists.
- Possesses utmost troubleshooting skills in the areas of security and networking.
- Ability to take and read packet level network traces.
- Strong IDS/IPS investigative, troubleshooting and analysis expertise.
- CCIE Security or Route & Switch
Working, demonstrated hands-on product and technology skills mentioned above in several of the following areas (more a plus):
- Checkpoint Firewalls
- Juniper Firewalls
- Fortinet Firewalls
- TippingPoint (Trend Micro) IDS/IPS
- Juniper IDS
- Citrix WAF (Web Application Firewalls)
- Firemon Security Management Suite
**This position will be located at the customer premises**
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco