Software Engineering Summer Internship
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestSoftware Development, Testing
Are you our new Software Engineering Intern?
Cisco Norway is a world leader in developing collaboration and video conferencing technology. We are 350 engineers who design all parts of our products - from idea to design, mechanics, audio, media processing and artificial intelligence. All this happens under the same roof in Lysaker at Cisco Webex Development Center. Our products are used by small businesses and large corporations, universities, governments and international organizations.
We are looking for our new Software Engineering Summer Interns to join us Summer 2022.
What you will do:
During a summer here at Lysaker you will get the opportunity to explore a variety of technologies while working together with an existing team. It is important for us that our summer interns feel they are part of our team and that they get to work on real projects that are truly relevant and useful for us.
The project you will be working on will be decided based on your field of interest and on what we are currently working on. If you have a great idea, you might even get the opportunity to pursue this during your internship. These are some examples of projects that previous interns have been working on:
- real time multi head pose detection
- improving the microphone beam selector using deep learning
- office room analytics application based on live and historical sensor data from our devices
- noise reduction with deep learning
- synchronous camera focusing for immersive systems
- showing personal calendars in meeting rooms based on face recognition
- using falco on Kubernetes for threat detection in Webex
Who you are:
More important than your track-record, are your commitment, curiousness and willingness to learn. We are looking for people who want to become an expert in their field trough working with us. In order to succeed, you also need to be a team player. We need to combine our brains, competences and expertise in order to deliver top of the shelf products.
In addition, do you:
- study towards a master’s or bachelor´s degree in a related subject?
- have some practical engineering experience with for example programming, testing, signal processing, network protocols or cloud technology?
- have a genuine interested in technology, willingness to learn?
- have the ability to live and work in Norway
We are nothing without our people. We depend on our people’s creativity, curiosity and ability to work together to solve interesting problems in elegant ways, and we work hard to be a place where people thrive and grow.
We believe that happy people can make anything happen and are proud to be #1 World´s Best Workplace in both 2019 and 2020, and #1 Norway’s Best Workplace in 2021. We can offer you:
- a fun summer with a competitive salary, and real projects that are important for Cisco
- provide challenging and interesting tasks that are relevant to your education and creativity
- a Cisco Fun group – dedicated to creating great memories
- a Cisco Play group –that organizes yoga and weekly bootcamps in our in-house fitness center
- and of course, free ice cream on warm summer days!
Duration: 13. June – 14. August 2022 (8 weeks)
Application deadline: 31st October - we review applications on an ongoing basis
Upon applying please upload your cover letter, CV and university grade transcript.