Technical Consulting Engineer (Co-Op) United States
Location:Offsite, RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Internet of Everything, Networking, Security, Service Provider, Webex (Collaboration), Wireless, Mobility
As a Technical Consulting Engineer Co-Op supporting our Customer Experience Centers, you'll work on leading-edge technology with a keen focus on enabling Cisco’s global customers to achieve successful business outcomes.
No Cisco networking experience or knowledge is required to be successful in this position. We will teach you the technical skills necessary to excel in the role of a TCE Co-Op.
You will join a cohort of engineers to build technical expertise, learn Cisco specific technologies and make a direct, positive, impact on our customers.
What You’ll Do
As a Technical Consulting Engineer Co-Op, you'll get hands-on experience working directly with Cisco's customers by supporting one of our advanced technologies. You will:
- Develop deep technical knowledge in a Cisco product or technology
- Engage with customers to understand their most complex technical problems
- Research customer issues and deliver technical solutions
- Craft technical documents to build Cisco's intellectual property and knowledge base
- Automate the process of finding and fixing common problems in Cisco's products
The co-op is 6 months in duration from January 2022 to June 2022 OR July 2022 - December 2022, and we encourage students to do multiple co-op rotations with us. To get the best possible experience, we do not allow co-op students to take university classes while on co-op, either in person or online. Check with your co-op and academic advisors to determine what impact this co-op may have on your individual university career.
If offered a position as a Technical Consulting Engineer Co-Op, you will the choice to work from any permanent location in the United States or relocate, with our assistance to work from our Research Triangle Park, North Carolina office provided our offices are open to employees and you meet our office access requirements.
Please speak with your recruiter regarding Cisco's office access policies for your specific Co-Op rotation.
If you choose to work remotely, your working hours will be 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Eastern Time and therefore may be different from normal business hours at your location. You will be required to obtain home Internet service of sufficient speed and reliability to maintain acceptable voice / video quality on high-definition calls.
While Cisco experience or industry certifications are a plus, no Cisco networking experience or knowledge is required to be successful in this position. We will teach you the technical skills necessary to excel in the role of a TCE Co-Op.
- Currently enrolled in an Associates, Bachelors or Master's degree in a technical field (e.g., networking, computer science, IT, engineering).
- You have a passion for technology.
- You have strong analytical and technical problem-solving skills.
- You possess the ability to multi-task, work in a diverse team environment, and work independently
- You are not enrolled in any collegiate classes during the co-op term (online or otherwise).
- You have the ability to work full-time hours for 6 months from January 2022 – June 2022 OR July 2022 - December 2022.
- You are fluent in English (verbal and written).
- Able to legally live and work in the country for which you’re applying, without visa support or sponsorship
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break, and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!