Consulting Engineer (Intern) - United States
Location:Richardson, Texas, US
Alternate LocationRTP, NC- San Jose, CA
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
Technology InterestInternet of Everything
What You'll Do
As a Consulting Engineer Intern, you will gain hands-on experience on leading-edge technology. You will be mentored by some of the industry’s brightest minds who will help you challenge and develop your skills.
You will collaborate with and learn from industry-leading engineers. At Cisco, we value your ideas and perspective. We encourage you to innovate and push boundaries. You will join a team to build your technical expertise, learn Cisco specific technologies and how to build a positive experience for our customers.
You will make a proven impact on network infrastructure and solutions like security, mobility and cloud. Customer Experience covers full customer life-cycle experience.
Who You’ll Work With
Let’s change the world together. Work closely with your team to gain experience and insights into real-world customer deployments and challenges. Be immersed in a small close-knit group of cohorts, to collaborate on a variety of projects that have a real impact. You’ll learn from industry experts. We value your ideas, perspective on how to get things done. Work on network infrastructures. Deliver business solutions and technology solutions from data, security, mobility and the cloud.
Who You Are
- Currently enrolled in an associate’s, bachelor’s or master’s degree in a related field such as Computer Networking, Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Data Science or a similar field.
- Basic computer networking fundamentals relating to IP addressing, routing, switching, TCP/IP and OSI model.
- Awareness and general understanding of how consumer applications work over the internet (e.g., Browser, Voice/Video calls, Social Networks, Streaming etc.).
- Fluent in English with excellent verbal and written communication.
- Passionate about Computer Networking, Information Technology and Computer Science.
- Proficient in Python, REST APIs, Automation.
- Comfortable with Data Analysis, creating visualizations such as graphs and heatmaps.
- Ability to multi-task, self-start, work in a dynamic team environment and work independently.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to troubleshoot technical problems.
- Willing to tackle new challenges and develop new skills.
- Able to legally live and work in the country for which you’re applying, without visa support or sponsorship
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!