Software Engineering Summer Internships
Location:Lysaker, Akershus, Norway
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestSoftware Development, Testing
Do you want to change and improve the way people work together?
Cisco Norway is a world leader in developing collaboration and video conferencing technology. We are 350 engineers who design all parts of our products – from hardware to software to industrial design. We take great pride in our culture of innovation, inclusion and diversity. And now, we are growing!
We are kicking off the search for our new Software Engineering Summer Interns for summer 2021.
Most of our engineers are working with software development (C, C++, Java, Python, Linux and embedded). We are all passionate about product development and programming. During a summer here at Lysaker you will get the opportunity to explore a variety of technologies while working together with an existing team. It is important for us that our summer interns feel they are part of our team and that they get to work on real projects that are truly relevant and useful for us.
Examples of projects that have been offered:
- Real time multi head pose detection.
- Improving the microphone beam selector using deep learning.
- Office room analytics application based on live and historical sensor data from our devices.
- Noise reduction with deep learning.
- Synchronous camera focusing for immersive systems.
- Showing personal calendars in meeting rooms based on face recognition.
Our dream candidate:
- You are studying towards a master’s/bachelor´s degree in a related subject
- You have an attractive academic record to show to
- You have a genuine interest in technology and a willingness to learn
- You have some practical engineering experience (e.g. you are a programmer or have hands on skills with testing, signal processing, network protocols or cloud technology).
- You are a 3rd or 4th year student, but we very much encourage 1st or 2nd year students to apply as well.
- You are able to live and work in Norway
Your opportunities - why Cisco:
- You will join a world-class team with over 60% market share for our collaboration products
- Our interns will typically join a real project team and do a useful task for Cisco while working here.
- We can promise that we will provide challenging and interesting tasks that are relevant to your education and creativity.
- We can offer you a fun summer with a competitive salary, - and of course - free ice cream during warm summer days.
Work Location: Lysaker, just outside of Oslo
Duration: Mid-June – Mid-August 2021 (we can be flexible on this)
First Application Deadline: 31st of October 2020 - we review applications on an ongoing basis
Upon applying please upload your cover letter, CV and university grade transcript. For any questions you can reach us on email@example.com