Graduate Software Engineer
Location:Lysaker, Akershus, Norway
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Job TypeNew Graduate
Technology InterestSoftware Development, Testing
Do you want to change and improve the way people work together?
Cisco Norway is a world leader in developing collaboration and video conferencing technology. We are 350 engineers who design all parts of our products – from hardware to software to industrial design. We take pride in our culture of innovation, inclusion and diversity. And now, we are growing!
Most of our engineers are working with software development (C, C++, Java, Python, Linux and embedded). We are all passionate about product development and programming and now we are kicking off the search for our new Graduate Software Engineers to strengthen our team. These roles will be working within a wide range of disciplines - to create our new video conferencing devices.
What you will do:
- Create great collaboration experiences by writing quality software on multiple platforms;
- Be a key part of a high performing cross-functional scrum team. You will work closely with other developers, testers, designers and product management during our iterative development cycles, where product development is done from idea to finished article;
- Deploy your code and get fast feedback on usage and adoption from real customers;
- Use state of the art hardware, technology, methods and tools, while learning from your talented colleagues.
Our dream candidate:
- You are in your final year of study or recently graduated from a Masters (Bachelors) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Informatics, Electrical Engineering, or a related subject such as Maths, Physics
- You have an attractive academic record to show to.
- You are passionate about product development
- You have a solid understanding of computer science fundamentals and software engineering
- You have some experience with multiple programming languages
- You possess creative problem-solving skills and excellent troubleshooting skills
- You are comfortable with working in teams
- You have the ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English
What to expect from Cisco Norway?
You will join a world-class team with over 60% market share for our collaboration products and;
- You will work cross functionally and get to know other disciplines than your own.
- You will have the possibility to grow and develop, both personally and professionally, and be included in a network of amazing people.
- We have a lot of FUN, both at work and also out of work with offsites at the company cabin and during activities like cooking courses, kayaking, yoga and Oslo Toughest.
We will offer you a competitive combination of compensation and benefits; including 5 days for voluntary work, a day off on your birthday, 6 weeks of holiday, good pension benefits, insurances and of course free ice cream during warm summer days.
Start date: August 2021, but this can be discussed
Work Location: Lysaker, just outside of Oslo
First Application deadline: we review applications on an ongoing basis
Upon applying please upload your cover letter, CV and university grade transcript.