Share this Job
IT Engineer (Intern) - Information Technology (UNITED STATES)
Date: Apr 21, 2015
Location: San Jose, CA, US
Company: Cisco Systems, Inc.
|Additional Location(s) or Information: This position is available to Bachelor's and Master's level students. Positions are located in San Jose, CA and Research Triangle Park, NC and Richardson, TX. Not all positions are available at all locations. Relocation is available.|
|Job Category: Information Technology|
|Level of Experience: Intern|
|Requisition #: S968223|
The world is connecting faster than ever before. Connect the unconnected and become part of the Internet of Everything with a Cisco IT Engineer (ITE) Intern position through the IT University Program (ITUP).
The IT University Program (IT UP) is a tailored orientation experience that awaits Cisco new grad hires with the opportunity to grow and apply your technical knowledge and passion while developing your IT business skills. In this program you will learn how Cisco’s IT organization applies leading technology to address real business problems and collaborate globally with some of the smartest, most talented people.
Cisco is looking for a well-rounded team player who will partner with their IT team to deliver high-quality, robust and scalable software systems while learning and growing as individuals. Be a part of a global, established, and financially successful company that rewards good ideas and encourages personal empowerment.
• Pursuing a undergraduate or graduate degree (minimum BS/BA) with a Cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher preferred or equivalent in your academic program, MS candidates GPA of 3.5 or higher preferred
• Graduating from an accredited university
• Fluent in English (written and verbal)
• Intern experience or equivalent preferred (including corporate internships or entrepreneurial programs)
• Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering (with a focus on software), Industrial and Operational Engineering (with a focus on computer programming) degree preferred
• Must be able to legally live and work in the country the candidate is applying, without visa support or sponsorship (student visas or visas obtained on your own are not applicable for the program)
The following skills and background are a plus:
• A strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive and an ability to meet deadlines and commitments
• Ability to multi-task, self-start, and work in a fast-paced team environment and the ability to work independently
• Apply business knowledge to key decisions while working through areas of ambiguity and coding requirements
• Strong oral and written communication skills (e.g. report on progress; timely escalation of issues and risks)
• Experience with unit tests and performance tuning (e.g. write test cases; troubleshoot and fix bugs)
• Able to Identify technology solution options (e.g. alternative approaches, results of impact and analysis)
• Knowledge of “Web 2.0” concepts, architecture, and tools. Knowledge of basic application networking concepts (e.g., how a browser works, using HTTP) and knowledge of relational databases and data modeling
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills with ability to troubleshoot software problems
• Experience with integration, regression, and User Acceptance Testing and software deployment
Did You Know?
• Corporate Social Responsibility – Cisco strives to create an inclusive, balanced, and collaborative environment that enables employees to develop and utilize their talents, give back to their communities, and advance their careers.
• Accessibility to Cisco Thought Leadership – Birthday chats with CEO, CIO Roundtable, Quarterly Company Meetings
• Consistently listed on various “Great Places to Work” lists
• Cisco offers a flexible work environment leveraging its own technologies such as WebEx and Telepresence
For more information and updates, please visit www.facebook.com/CiscoITUP
All candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for Cisco -- i.e., U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, permanent residents, temporary residents (that is, individuals who have gone through the legalization program)
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, education, and entertainment, to the public sector, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco!
|Job Type: Intern/Co-Op|
|Opportunity Category: Operations|
Find similar jobs: