Sr. Manager User Experience Design
Apply for Job
Date: Oct 22, 2014
Location: San Jose, CA, US
Company: Cisco Systems, Inc.
|Additional Location(s) or Information:|
|Job Category: Engineer - Software|
|Level of Experience: Experienced - Manager|
|Requisition #: R969280|
|For years, Cisco's vision has been to change the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns. Our vision is more relevant today than ever. We made the Internet what it is today. First, we focused on creating connectivity. Now, we're entering the Internet of Everything transition—an era where we'll help create unprecedented value by connecting the unconnected.
The Internet of Everything is a global industry phenomenon that is driving the biggest market transition for Cisco and our customers. This includes the intelligent connection of people, process, data, and things. It's where everything is converged on the Internet, making networked connections more relevant and valuable than before.
To help us bring this vision to life, join us in our exciting journey.
The Sr. Manager of User Experience Design leads the interaction and visual design teams in the User Experience Group at Cisco’s Security Business Unit. You will drive strategy and UX principles for our next generation security products; delivering intuitive and elegant management solutions for Firewall, IPS, Remote Access, Email and Web. You understand all aspects of experience design and demonstrate strong interaction design skills.
• Drive user experience strategy of security products from conception to development.
• Define innovative, intuitive and elegant solutions for mobile, web and desktop applications used by security administrators, architects and managers.
• Deliver compelling experiences for products and services across all customer touchpoints utilizing service design to differentiate Cisco products in the security market.
• Manage a team of designers who create workflows, personas, interaction flows, information architecture, low fidelity mock-ups, navigation flows, and high fidelity prototypes.
• Conduct user task analysis, ideation sessions (brainstorming, storyboarding, rapid prototyping) and analysis of user research results to create rich experiences and innovative solutions for Firewall, IPS, Remote Access, Web and Email Security.
• Ensure delivery of wireframes, functional flows and UX specifications for products and services. Work closely with Program Management to establish project schedules and milestones across multiple releases and ensure deliverables are communicated effectively and meet release timelines.
• Participate in exploratory design, user participatory design and iterative user testing sessions in collaboration with the User Experience Research team.
• Ensure designers identify, prioritize, and track usability enhancements across the product portfolio.
• Define / refine design standards, guidelines and design processes.
• Work closely with the UX team to develop advanced design skills and business acumen.
• MA/MS in Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Industrial Design, Computer Science or related field.
• 5+ years interaction design experience in enterprise or SaaS applications for Firewall, IPS, Remote Access, Web or Email Security.
• Experience and ability leading in a development environment that uses both Agile and more traditional SDLC processes.
• 7+ years managing User Experience Design teams.
• Exhibit strong leadership qualities including excellent judgment, modeling high standards, driving innovation and creative thinking, invoking passion in others and delivering results.
• Ability to dive deep into various aspects of design while maintaining a broad perspective on the business objectives.
• Ability to articulate design concepts and communicate the user experience vision for the product in the most effective way.
• A mastery of web standards, experience design, service design, and deep experience with all components of the software development process.
• Knowledge of design and prototyping tools: Fireworks, Visio, Omnigraffle, Balsamiq, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Axure.
• Outstanding presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
|Job Type: Manager|
|Opportunity Category: Security|
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Job Segment: Graphic Design, Manager, Program Manager, Design Engineer, Cisco, Creative, Management, Engineering, Technology