Share this Job
Software I Engineer (Intern) - Development (UNITED STATES)
Date: Jan 11, 2015
Location: San Jose, CA, US
Company: Cisco Systems, Inc.
|Additional Location(s) or Information: This position is available to Bachelor's degree candidates. Positions are located in San Jose, CA, Research Triangle Park, NC, Lawrenceville, GA, Boxborough, MA, and Richardson, TX. Not all positions are available at all locations. Relocation is available. Start dates for 2015: May and June.|
|Job Category: Engineer - Software|
|Level of Experience: Intern|
|Requisition #: S967352|
Billions of people are counting on you. Join Cisco to help improve their online experiences! We’re looking for great people who thrive on the challenge of building great products.
We have a lot of cool stuff! Product categories – cloud, social, mobility, video, VoIP, big data, collaboration, web, Internet of Things, routing, switching, IPv6, data center, Security, network management, open stack and storage.
Bring your knowledge of computers and networking and take it to a new level as you dive in and build the software that makes the Internet work.
Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for Cisco -- i.e., U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, permanent residents, temporary residents (that is, individuals who have gone through the legalization program) refugees and asylees.
• Interns will spend 10-12 weeks working on projects which add significant value to Cisco Systems, Inc.
• The Engineering internship program is designed for the participant to gain:
–Experience: Engineering interns will be placed into a role based on their area of interest and the business need.
–Exposure: Interns will work and interact with senior leadership, managers, cross-functional teams, and other Engineering interns.
• The Engineering internship program serves as our primary pipeline for full-time positions
– Solid understanding of computer science fundamentals, software engineering, electrical/computer
– Strong knowledge of programming and scripting languages
– Understanding of networking and Linux is a plus
– Self-motivated and highly ambitious
– Creative problem solving skills and excellent troubleshooting/debugging skills
– Strong written and verbal communication
– Excellent teamwork and people skills
– Ability to manage multiple tasks and work towards long-term goals
– Flexibility and adaptability
AVAILABLE POSITIONS AND PREFERRED BACKGROUND :
Software – Applications Development
• Imagine, design, and create applications to transform how we work, live, play, and learn
• Development targets include: desktop, mobile, and server
Software – Embedded, Networking and OS Development
• Imagine, design, create Cisco architectures; embedded, networking protocols and operating systems
• Development environment primarily Linux, mobile C drivers
Software –Automation, Validation and Test
• Design, create, automate and execute test plans for Cisco products and architectures.
• Debug and isolate problems and provide a concise description of problems discovered.
• Influence and drive solutions to problems.
– Currently enrolled in an accredited University pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or related majors such as Math, Physics
– 3.0 GPA or higher is preferred
– Majority of positions are in San Jose, CA
– Other location include: Research Triangle Park, NC, Lawrenceville, GA, Boxborough, MA, and Richardson, TX. Not all positions are available at all locations. Relocation is available.
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, education, and entertainment, to the public sector, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco!
|Job Type: Intern/Co-Op|
|Opportunity Category: Software|
Find similar jobs: