Data Center Product Sales Specialist
Apply for Job
Date: Sep 6, 2014
Location: San Jose, CA, US
Company: Cisco Systems, Inc.
|Additional Location(s) or Information: UNITED STATES.CALIFORNIA.SAN FRANCISCO|
|Job Category: Sales|
|Level of Experience: Experienced - Non Manager|
|Requisition #: R968470|
|Data Center Product Sales Specialist
It's an exciting time to work at Cisco. Cisco’s Data Center offerings have been increasingly successful year after year, especially in the x86 space. Spring boarding off this success we are taking the SDN market by storm.
We are seeking a Product Sales Specialist III responsible for Data Center technologies in the Enterprise region of the United States. In this position, you will be facilitating the success of Cisco account teams in selling specific data center products and technologies related to your area of expertise, with measurable sales objectives. This is a specialist position on the US Data Center team. In this role, you will be responsible for developing a business plan to meet and exceed assigned quota. A successful Cisco PSS will work with Cisco Account Managers, Systems Engineers, Technical Leaders, Partners, Eco-System Partners and Sales Managers to plan sales strategies, develop proposals, deliver customer presentations/demos, and close the business. Technical selling skills a must (Applications, Servers, Storage, SDN, Networking L2-L7.) This position covers major Enterprise/Named accounts in the San Francisco Bay Area. Some travel in region required.
Skills and Experience Required
- Minimum five to seven years’ experience in Application, data center, server, virtualization or application sales.
- Proven track record in managing and winning major opportunities, with the ability to work unsupervised; ability to interact as a value-added team member
- Ability to manage a long and complex sales cycle
- Experienced in multi-level selling, comfortable influencing CxO, Enterprise Application LOB, IT Managers, Procurement, etc.
- Must have the ability to work with customers to drive, track and communicate customer business outcomes before, during and after the sales process.
- Good listening and strong presentation skills
- Knowledge of Data Center Architectures and Services incorporating Applications, Servers, Storage, and preferably Data Center Switching technologies
- Ability to collaborate with multiple teams and multiple levels within the organizations (Account Managers, Technical Leaders, Sales Leadership, etc.)
- Ability to collaborate with multiple teams and multiple levels of different organizations (Business Unit, Marketing, Partners, Channels,etc)
- Requires a solutions sales approach versus a product focused sales efforts
- This person must work well in teams, understand Cisco's Enterprise engagement model and be able to create a win-win environment for key technology partners
- Must be able to accurately forecast business to -5% to +10% accuracy.
- Position requires a passion for driving strategies; a strong personality with demonstrated leadership skills working in a complex matrix organization; a strong presence and credibility established with the client base and internally
|Job Type: Experienced|
|Opportunity Category: Sales, Data Center|
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Job Segment: Database, Cisco, Data Center, Virtualization, Technology, Sales