Share this Job
Cloud Services Engineer - Tooling, Puppet
Apply for Job
Date: Dec 2, 2014
Location: San Jose, CA, US
Company: Cisco Systems, Inc.
|Additional Location(s) or Information:|
|Job Category: Engineer - Software|
|Level of Experience: Experienced - Non Manager|
|Requisition #: R968553|
|For years, Cisco's vision has been to change the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns. Our vision is more relevant today than ever. We made the Internet what it is today. First, we focused on creating connectivity. Now, we're entering the Internet of Everything transition—an era where we'll help create unprecedented value by connecting the unconnected.
The Internet of Everything is a global industry phenomenon that is driving the biggest market transition for Cisco and our customers. This includes the intelligent connection of people, process, data, and things. It's where everything is converged on the Internet, making networked connections more relevant and valuable than before.
To help us bring this vision to life, join us in our exciting journey.
Job Title: Cloud Services Engineer - Tooling, Puppet
Cisco Security Cloud Operations (SCO) is a part of Cisco’s Security and Government Group (SGG) is a leading provider of Web and Email security solutions for organizations ranging from small businesses to the Global 2000. SCO supplies high-performance, technically-innovative products for managing and protecting enterprises' mission-critical networks from Internet threats. SCO's offerings include network security, email security, anti-spam filtering, anti-virus protection, anti-spyware technology, email encryption and more. We are looking for Could Infrastructure Tooling Engineer
• Maintain and develop various operational tools and applications for the cloud services team.
• Develop new tools and applications for cloud orchestration, provisioning and automation of operational processes.
• Resolve actual or potential bugs for infrastructure applications.
• Support and configure infrastructure application servers.
• Research new technologies and products related to end-to-end cloud orchestration provisioning and automation.
• Own and develop components of enterprise cloud operations toolset.
• On-call responsibilities
• 8+ years of working knowledge an enterprise environment is required in Unix platforms (RHEL / CENTOS preferred.)
• 8+ years of experience in infrastructure services (DNS, LDAP, SMTP)
• 5+ years configuration management (cfengine, puppet, salt)
• 5+ years scripting (shell, perl, ruby, python)
• 3+ years internal tools (cobbler, Graphite, rsyslog, logstash,
• Large environment experience (>10k managed hosts)
• Programming experience (Java, C, Go)
• Large scale enterprise monitoring.
• Cloud deployment and orchestration (especially OpenStack)
• Patch management (especially pulp, spacewalk).
• Deployment of monitoring logging and metrics services
• Knowledge of Windows AD is a plus
• Knowledge of Virtualization, Cisco UCS platform, VMware or KVM technologies is a plus.
• Ability to get results with tactical execution and an attention to detail
• Effective presentation and verbal communication skills (in both technical and non-technical realm)
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to work in a global environment with teams located in different TZ.
• Highly motivated, and able to communicate issues and ideas effectively.
• The candidate may be required to fulfill on-call duties
• Have skills in time management while working on multiple issues.
|Job Type: Experienced|
|Opportunity Category: Software, Cloud, Security|
Apply for Job
Find similar jobs: