Cloud Database Architect - NoSQL, MongoDB, DBaaS
Apply for Job
Date: Oct 11, 2014
Location: San Jose, CA, US
Company: Cisco Systems, Inc.
|Additional Location(s) or Information: RTP, NC|
|Job Category: Services|
|Level of Experience: Experienced - Non Manager|
|Requisition #: R961708|
|For years, Cisco's vision has been to change the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns. Our vision is more relevant today than ever. We made the Internet what it is today. First, we focused on creating connectivity. Now, we're entering the Internet of Everything transition-an era where we'll help create unprecedented value by connecting the unconnected. The Internet of Everything is a global industry phenomenon that is driving the biggest market transition for Cisco and our customers. This includes the intelligent connection of people, process, data, and things. It's where everything is converged on the Internet, making networked connections more relevant and valuable than before. To help us bring this vision to life, join us in our exciting journey.
Do you love to architect on large-scale distributed database deployments?
Do you love pushing the limits of what clouds can do?
Do you love getting paid to do so?
If you do, Cisco Cloud Infrastructure Services has a job for you!
Cisco CIS is a newly formed team focused on deploying a global cloud for Cisco SaaS products. We need talented, engaged engineers to help make our vision a reality.
You will help us build our database as a service offering in a globally scaled cloud environment. We are not building code for the sake of it, we have real world scenarios to implement. We are building our DBaaS for our production, federated cloud. We’re moving quickly, and you’ll need to engage with other teams across Cisco to deliver.
Ideally: you know clouds; you breathe clouds; you hack clouds. You should have proven experience with databases. You should understand how to make both RDMAS and NoSQL solutions deploy and perform in a cloud environment. BS/MS in computer science would be great, but not required.
• Software development lifecycle including design, development, testing, packaging, deployment, upgrade and support
• Hands on experience with deploying scaled, highly available database solutions
• Understanding of database architecture and design including: scalability, backups, performance
• IaaS experience; OpenStack is a plus
• DBaaS experience; OpenStack Trove is a plus
• Knowledge of RDMBS: Postgres, MySQL, Oracle, SQLServer, etc
• Knowledge of NoSQL: Cassandra, Redis, MongoDB, etc
• Agile software development practices
• Work on geographically distributed teams
• Understand IT processes, including: architecture, design, implementation, and operations
• Excellent communicator
• Self-motivated, able and willing to help where help is needed
• Able to build relationships, be culturally sensitive, have goal alignment, have learning agility
• Ready to rock and build an amazing product
|Job Type: Experienced|
|Opportunity Category: Cloud|
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Job Segment: Architecture, Database, Cloud, Oracle, Computer Science, Engineering, Technology