M&E Practice Architect - MFG CPG & Energy
Apply for Job
Date: Sep 11, 2014
Location: Atlanta, GA, US
Company: Cisco Systems, Inc.
|Additional Location(s) or Information: UNITED STATES.TEXAS.HOUSTON|
|Job Category: Sales|
|Level of Experience: Experienced - Manager|
|Requisition #: R965897|
|Manufacturing Practice Architect
The US Enterprise Business Transformation team is looking for a high-energy, experienced Manufacturing Architect to join our team as we look to enable our customers to achieve and sustain competitive advantage by aligning Cisco’s network platform to their business imperatives in Manufacturing. Reporting to the Managing Architect, Manufacturing for Cisco’s Business Transformation team, the Manufacturing Architect’s primary objective is to qualify consultative business value engagements and drive technically sound, customer aligned architectures and solutions.
The Manufacturing Architect collaborates with the Systems Engineer and Customer Solutions Architect to develop an architecture roadmap aligned with customer needs. The Manufacturing Architect builds and maintains ongoing relationships with technology stakeholders across customers, partners and account teams to maintain and continue selling developed roadmaps. In addition, the Manufacturing Architect will use their engagement experience and subject matter expertise to drive greater solution scale through development of relevant sales collateral and presentations.
Essential job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Present technical, solution, and business architectural messages to clients
• Lead technical design process during customer engagements
• Identify and insert the right technical resources when needed
• Capability to execute in the context of 3rd party technology/architectures
• Coordinate with the presales practice advisor for successful architectural engagement
• Ability to create or develop customer-relevant solution messaging
• Mentor field technical roles on Manufacturing solutions, platforms, and customer considerations
• Demonstrate industry leadership through publication, presentations, participation in industry organizations or standards bodies
• Develop strong partner relationships to accelerate customer engagements and expand the Cisco solution portfolio
QUALIFICATIONS: REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
• A minimum of 5 years of demonstrated experience in an enterprise, solution, application, or information architecture role
• Understanding of Manufacturing Architectures around Plant Automation, Network, Mobility, supply chain, distribution, inventory management and any other
core Manufacturing technologies
• Understand and be able to drive design across multiple Cisco product families and 3rd Party technologies, infrastructure and systems within the domain of
• Demonstrated experience and deep applied industry knowledge in Manufacturing working for a customer, partner, or OEM/ISV vendor
• Understanding of business processes and decision-making processes within Manufacturing
• Expertise in consultative approach and establishing credibility as trusted advisor by executives, architects, industry personnel.
• Strong ability to map customer business scenarios to Cisco offerings
• Ability to create and communicate a compelling vision to senior executives with an ability to leverage logic, experience, facts, and passion to influence others
• Understanding of competitive products, emerging technologies, and applicability to customer environments
• Strong knowledge of networking theories and concepts demonstrated through successful project execution
• BA/BS in a technical field is required. An advanced degree is preferred.
• 10+ years of industry experience or equivalent preferred.
QUALIFICATIONS: PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
• Must be able to orchestrate effectively across organizational boundaries
• Demonstrated creativity and team focus in a dynamic, fast paced and changing environment
• Ability to excel in an environment of high autonomy to produce business results
• Customer facing professionalism – listening, ability to ask insightful questions, build consensus, advance opportunities to next level
• Demonstrated ability to build alliances, grow team morale, and seek cross-functional support to achieve success
• Understanding and framing client business and technical imperatives, and inspiring confidence with a variety of internal and external constituents
|Job Type: Manager|
|Opportunity Category: Sales|
Nearest Major Market: Atlanta
Job Segment: Architecture, Developer, Cisco, Systems Engineer, Solution Architect, Engineering, Technology